Saturday 2 July 2016

My Hair Smoothening Experience



If you are one of those who crave for straight hair and thinking about getting rebonding or smoothening. You have come to right place this post is for you .Whenever one think about treating hair chemically a whole lot of questions pop up in our minds  whether I should go for it or not?, will the chemicals damage my hair, what all products will be used etc etc. So this post will be all about my experience of getting smoothening the pros and cons so lets get started.


I still remember when I was in school I used to always crave for straight hair. Whenever I used to see girls with straight hair I used to feel how blessed they are. It was only later I realised they are not so blessed they have got their hair chemically treated. During college I thought of getting rebonding but I was a bit  sceptical as my friends told me I will end up getting my hair damaged.  So instead I ended up getting a hair straightener. Somehow I managed to survive a year with straightener but one day I was fed up. it  was a lot of hassle to straigten my hair given the amount of volume of my hair and frigginess. I Decided no matter the amount of damage it will cost to my hair I want straight hair. I went to a salon to get a idea about the type of products used in rebonding . The lady at the salon told me to go for smoothening instead looking at the type of my hair and what I was expecting from the treatment . Smoothening will give you more manageable hair by reducing the frizz and making your hair smoother and softer. It gives you a more natural look. Whereas rebonding is good for people with very curly hair or frizzy hair. If your aim perfectly straight hair go for rebonding.So guys always consult at the salon which will work best for you rebonding,smoothening .

My experience
I had three choice in smoothening whether to go for matrix,loreal or Schwarzkopf. I ended up going for matrix as I have been using matrix products for quite some time and was satisfied with it( review coming soon).

Procedure: It is long procedure involving a number of steps shampooing,conditioning,blow dry,straightening,applying cream on hair a number of time.
First your hair are washed and shampooed followed by blow drying, straightening your hair then a cream is applied which is kept for quite some time then again shampooing blow drying this cycle is followed two times.

Time taken: One has to be very patient if one is going for smoothening it will take approximately 5-6 hours. With you sitting at one place doing nothing (I ended up getting back pain).Go for the treatment when you are completely free.

After effects: after your hairs are treated you are not supposed to tie your hair or put them behind your ear  or wet them basically you cannot touch your hair for 2 days this is the hardest part as any type of interference with your hair can affect the texture of your hair. After 2 days you are supposed to again visit salon and get a hair spa. This hair spa gives you a license to again touch your hair.




Results: Initially when I saw my hair after smoothening I realised volume of my hair was completely gone and they looked very flat. But this is before hair spa after hair spa I was satisfied with the results. I totally loved my hair.
After the treatment you are provided with products you are supposed to use .There were basically 3 products shampoo, conditioner and serum. And one is advised to go for hair spa once a month.

Cons: first three four month there was no indication of damage to my hair but after some time I started getting split ends(I never had split ends before smoothening).

Now the question comes will I go for smoothening again- the answer is yes yes definitely yes


 In the end I would only like to say that all the above information is entirely based on my personal experience .Everyone hair type is different and different products affect individuals differently.So always consult a hair expert before going for any treatment.




5 comments:

  1. Hey Gyss check out this....

    Thank you for sharing information. Wonderful blog & good post. Its really helpful for me, waiting for a more new post. Keep Blogging!!

    hair smoothening

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,

    Nice post..good information ..keep update with your new ideas..

    hair smoothening | hair smoothening cost

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post author. Thank you.
    Please visit - https://thecompucare.in

    ReplyDelete
  4. FUE Hair Transplant Dubai or Follicular Unit Extraction is a careful hair reclamation technique in which individual hair follicles are removed from a hairlessness safe giver region (ordinarily the back of the scalp) and are embedded on the diminishing or thinning up top regions of the patient's head.
    Cost of FUE Hair Transplant Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome article. Everything is so informative. I would like to add that we must use organic and natural skincare products, after Hair smoothing and straightening. Add more strength to your hair care routine with products at Vanity Wagon. Pick your favorite hair treatment weapon from an arsenal of masks, oils, packs, and powder we offer at https://vanitywagon.in/product-category/hair-care/hair-treatments

    ReplyDelete